Sunday, March 17, 2013

Feeling Good

So I talked to my PT last time about the calf pain, which, by the Thursday appointment, had pretty much subsided. It appears that it may have been my brace. Apparently the more I push it, the more my calves expand, and the more they then may strain against the brace. Nothing much to do except loosen it a little bit. That seems to have helped. I also have stopped wearing it all day during work, which has made me much more comfortable during the day. I had left it on primarily because it was impossible to put it on under my suit pants after taking it off. Now, although perhaps it is now how it is meant to be put on, I put it on over my pants on my way home to work.

The brace is mainly for intense exercise like running and cutting, but I was wearing it in crowds and in the winter as extra protection. In case you are unsure about what I am talking about, it is this: http://www.betterbraces.com/donjoy-fullforce-ligament-knee-brace It fits under my suit pants, although it can bunch up at times.

I ran my first mile on the treadmill at the gym! I can't remember the last time I ran a mile before the surgery…

No comments:

Post a Comment