Sunday, November 4, 2012

Day 14 (I think).

So it has been about two weeks since I had my surgery.  Things still seem to be going well generally.  I am really feeling my quads come back stronger.  I think I could easily do 50 straight leg raises in one session.    

Two recent developments were a little less positive.  After taking a shower on Friday, I missed a step coming back downstairs.  I didn't fall, but my crutches started to give out and I think I put a bit of weight on my bad leg out of instinct.  No pain or anything and my wife thankfully caught me, but I have a little bit of nervousness that I might have jeopardized my meniscus repair.  I hope not... 

The second thing is that I am feeling new types of pain.  I feel sort of a pulsating pain and tingling in my knee this morning from off and on.  If I had to guess this seems like something to do with my nerves coming back?  I expect this is normal but it is new.  It has made doing my PT a little more difficult and perhaps delayed me phasing out pain meds now.  

Another PT appointment tomorrow.  I hope to have good news from that.  

Thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment