Saturday, December 15, 2012

Day 55?

Things are progressing faster now.  I am walking more and more normally.  No more crutches and I only have to wear my smaller brace when going outside or when I am in a crowd.  The smaller brace (it appears to be a DonJoy thing) feels like it works well, but it is hard to take on and off without taking off my pants, which can be difficult when I am in my office.   Apparently it is not a good idea to wear it all day, although I forgot to ask why.  If I wear it for awhile I certainly feel a little sorer than otherwise, maybe it is just a comfort thing?  

My leg in general gets sore and stiffer a bit more often than before I was keeping my weight on it, but it is so awesome to be walking that it doesn't bother me much.  I am finally utilizing my Cyrocuff now to help reduce swelling.  My frozen peas were great for short term relief, but for longer sessions with ice, the Cryocuff works best.  

I think I am probably at my 500th time explaining what happened to me, but without my crutches it is happening less often.  Now it is more people just saying how happy they are with seeing me walking again.  Although sometimes it gets old telling my same injury story again and again, I am touched that some many people -- many whom I do not know very well -- care enough to ask in the first place.  

I am now on the bike, treadmill and do some more strenuous exercises.  So far so good I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment