Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 7-8:  Got to 90 of flexion today (probably could have done so before but was taking it slow).  Now there's not much to do on flexion until the 6 week mark when they feel comfortable about my meniscus repair.  Still making a lot of good process according to my PT esp. with my quad control. 

Hoping to get my stitches out tomorrow presuming Hurricane Sandy doesn't hit us too hard.  

A few observations on my recovery:

1. I have been surprised with how little I have needed ice and how limited my swelling has been.  I have found that the plain old frozen peas have been more useful than my cryocuff when I do use any ice. 

2.  So far the exercises have been easier to do than I thought.  By this I mean I am surprised with how motivated I have been.  I am not a huge gym nut, but I am pushing hard without much effort because I am bored and because I know how important this is.  

3.  I thought the graft pain would be worse but I have noticed very little there.  Calf pain has been the biggest problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment