Wednesday, October 17, 2012

So I am going through with my ACL reconstruction using hamstrings on Monday.  I just wanted to start this to show my commitment to track my progress once I get started on my recovery.  

I have been hitting the exercise bike hard in advance and have lost almost 20 lbs due to nerves and exercise.  My knee actually feels the strongest and best it has since my injury.  If I knew this was how it would be the rest of my life, I probably would skip the surgery, but I know that any misstep could do more damage to my knee, so I am comfortable with my decision to go through with this.  

A few things I am looking to track...

1.  How long will it take for me to generally live my everyday life (very modest here, not thinking about jogging or things like that)?

2.  How well am I able to balance physical therapy with a young family and a demanding job?

3.  How well will the hamstrings recover from this?  How bad will the graft site pain be?

My first PT appointment is next Thursday.  I had my pre-op PT appointment yesterday.  My goals for the first few days are modest:

1.  Wake up after surgery.
2.  Do all the initial PT.
3.  Not make my family too miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment