Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I had a quick conversation with my OS yesterday on how the meniscus repair will affect my PT.  He said I can do the gentle stretches I was told to do in any event after the surgery (quad sets, heel digs, ankle pumps, patella mobilizations, leg extensions and the flexion exercise where I support it with my good leg).  

I was delivered a CPM machine right before surgery.  My OS tells me to use that after my PT shows me how to use it and how to get in and out of it safely.  Thankfully, I will be having my first post-op PT on Thursday.  

Definitely felt a bit more sore this morning, but still manageable.  I realize now that my inability to easily raise my bad leg yesterday probably came from the nerve block.  All of a sudden I can fairly easily lift it, which makes me feel much less dependent on my family.  The toughest thing about getting around is getting off of the couch and getting out my bed, but it is easier now that I have more practice and can lift my bad leg on its own more easily.  

So far, so good I think.  I am in better spirits than I thought I would be at this point.  It is not comfortable, but it is not like this is torture yet.  The worst part so far was the post general nausea and that has gone away.  

I had a really good experience at the surgery center.  My OS was great and all of the nurses and anesthesiologists were very cool and patient with me.  

Sorry for how all over the place this.  I am still a little out of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment